$80 (Includes Face, Neck, Chest at no additional charge)
Diamond Microdermabrasion: Resurface & Renew
Effective exfoliation performed responsibly.
Microdermabrasion is one of the skin care industry’s most popular services, and many new guests to my studio come to me having had this procedure in the past. There’s no wonder it’s so popular – it’s instant gratification!
One microdermabrasion service will resurface your skin enough that you almost feel your skin “breathing” again. If you’re dealing with rough texture and flaky skin, microdermabrasion can instantly cause your skin to feel more soft, more smooth, and with seriously improved texture.
Microdermabrasion isn’t for everyone.
If you have sensitive or fragile skin, skin with a tendency towards redness, or suffer from inflammatory acne – microdermabrasion isn’t going to be your best selection in skin care. The abrasive nature and the suctioning action of the device could actually do more harm than good for these skin conditions! If this describes you, I would encourage you to check out my Perfecting Facial, UltraSonic Facial or Microcurrent service as alternatives!
Microdermabrasion should not be your only form of skin care.
Too much resurfacing of the skin performed too frequently and/or too aggressively, is unhealthy and can lead to premature aging. All skin is different, however, so some people can tolerate more frequent microdermabrasion sessions than others. I will consult with you to determine an appropriate frequency of treatment for the condition of your skin and your personal goals. Appropriate home care and mixing your professional services to include nourishing sessions will ensure the overall health of your skin and accelerate results. One last note on this topic: Whether you decide to receive your Microdermabrasion service at my studio or elsewhere, be sure you are getting a custom treatment! This means, you should notice differences in pressure and suction power over the different areas of your skin. Different abrading grits should also be used during a single service. All skin care services should be customized to the individual and this is especially true of microdermabrasion.
What to expect during your Microdermabrasion session:
- First, we will do a consultation to be certain that microdermabrasion is an appropriate service for your skin. If not, we can switch gears and do something more suitable!
- After your consultation, I will cleanse your skin and prepare you for resurfacing.
- Face, neck, and upper chest are all included at no additional cost!
- The size and grit of abrading tips are selected according to your facial features and skin condition. This important step serves to better protect your skin, and provides a more customized, even, and optimal resurfacing session. As always, there are no cookie-cutter treatments at The Lantern Skin Studio – everything is customized for you.
- Your skin will receive high-quality topical serums and moisturizers as finishing touches that will calm, hydrate, and protect your skin.
You’ll leave with gently resurfaced skin that is softened and smoothed in texture, your fine lines and pores won’t be as noticeable, and you’ll have a beautiful, healthy glow you can feel good about!
*Prior to your Microdermabrasion service, please do not receive facial waxing within 5 days of treatment (brows are ok within 2 days of treatment), and stop the use of topical Retin-A and strong Retinol based topicals 3-5 days prior to treatment.
*If you suffer with cold sores or fever blisters please begin using a prescription anti-viral medication 3 days in advance of your treatment and continue use for 3 days after treatment. People with active cold sores should NOT receive skin treatments until the breakout has subsided.
For more in-depth information on how Microdermabrasion works, please view my article, All About Microdermabrasion.
Or, if you’re ready to get started, let’s go!