Safe, Non-Pore Clogging Products for the Management of Acne
At the core of the Acne Clearing Program are a selection of clean, safe skin care products that are guaranteed not to clog pores. I chose the Face Reality system of products as my core product system because this brand offers a comprehensive selection of specialized formulas that allow me, your acne care coach, to develop a very customized home care plan just for you.
Whether you have just a few blemishes or are struggling with severe acne, whether your breakouts are inflamed, not inflamed, or a combination, whether you're dry, oily, or normal - sensitive or not so - the beauty of the Face Reality product line is that I have the appropriate range of products to work with your skin's particular needs.
Many acne systems are a one-size-fits-all approach. There are a core of 4, 5 or 6 products that are supposed to magically work across every type of acne and every skin tone. You spend countless dollars and even more frustration on solutions that just don't pan out. If you happen to be sensitive, hang it up - most acne products aren't even formulated for you. Darker skin tone? Same thing. Dry skin? Again, the same. Oily, but reactive to products? The typical formulas out there will disappoint, but you already know that.
Then, we have the medical side to contend with. The prescription lotions and potions, the antibiotics, the scary Accutane, and others. You see, at its root, acne is not a bacterial problem. Antibiotics work against bacteria, but they do not address the cause of acne. In the process of killing off trapped bacteria in your skin, you're also losing beneficial bacteria that your body desperately needs. Many common prescription topicals that are prescribed for breakout prone skin contain pore clogging ingredients. How is that useful? Drying out your skin, causing irritation, and clogging your pores all for the sake of clearing acne? That doesn't make much sense, does it? Lastly, Accutane. Yes, it has worked for people. It has also failed many others. Accutane does not clear every person who has tried it. And, for those who have cleared, at what cost? Please, research the long term health issues and the direct impact the use of Accutane may have on your body before resorting to trying it. You have other options - options that are safe and do no harm.
What You Need
- Clean products - no pore clogging ingredients
- Safe products - no risky medications that may not clear your acne
- A customized regimen for your skin type, condition, tone, sensitivity level, and your specific type of acne
- A product system that can be increased and decreased as needed to address changes in your skin
- A system that can still work for you after you're clear - without damaging and excessively drying your skin
- Affordability - the average, personalized set of Face Reality products will cost far less than you'd spend on medications and designer brands that fail
- Someone to teach you what to use, when to use it, how to use it, how much to use - and what to do if you ever hit a bump in the road - that's me!
The products I choose to work with give you all of the above, and of course, I give you the last little bullet point there - a real person to coach you through the process of learning about your products, using them correctly, and someone to celebrate with you as you watch your skin get better and better along the way.
Return to Acne Clearing Program Overview
Acne Clearing Program FAQ
The Acne Treatment Program at The Lantern Skin Studio is non-medical in nature, and health insurance is not accepted.